This article describes how to learn which version of the CrashPlan app you're using.
Why does the version matter?
The functionality of your CrashPlan software can differ greatly depending on the version. You should know the exact version when you:
Identify your app's version number
Identify the precise version number of your app as follows:
- Open the CrashPlan app or CrashPlan for Small Business app.
- From the menu bar for your operating system:
- Windows: Click Help > About CrashPlan
- Mac: Click CrashPlan > About CrashPlan
- Linux: Click Help > About CrashPlan
- Note the version shown.