This article describes how to learn which version of the CrashPlan app you're using.
CrashPlan branding changes
Due to recent organizational changes, CrashPlan has separated from Code42 Software. As a result, you may notice inconsistencies in the use of CrashPlan and Code42 branding in the product. This will be addressed in a major app release in early 2023.
Why does the version matter?
The functionality of your CrashPlan software can differ greatly depending on the version. You should know the exact version when you:
Identify your app's version number
Identify the precise version number of your app as follows:
- Open the Code42 app or CrashPlan for Small Business app.
- From the menu bar for your operating system:
- Windows: Click Help > About CrashPlan
- Mac: Click CrashPlan > About CrashPlan
- Linux: Click Help > About CrashPlan
- Note the version shown.