This recap summarizes changes to supported operating systems and web browsers over the last quarter. This information is accurate as of June 13, 2022.
CrashPlan supported platforms and web browsers
With few exceptions, CrashPlan endpoint software supports operating systems through the end of an operating system vendor’s extended support date.
Please ensure that you are updating your operating systems to remain on supported versions.
- Ubuntu 22.04 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 9:
- Support begins with the next planned app release, targeting summer 2022
Upcoming End of Support
These operating systems are approaching end of support on endpoint devices running the CrashPlan app:
- Windows 10 21H1: End of support December 13, 2022
- macOS 10.15 Catalina: Anticipated end of support Q4 2022
- Windows 8.1: End of support January 13, 2023
These operating systems are no longer supported on endpoint devices running the CrashPlan app:
- Windows 10 Version 1909: End of support May 10, 2022
- Windows 10 Version 2004: End of support December 14, 2021
For more details about supported operating systems, see our operating system support policy on the CrashPlan support site.