This article applies only to CrashPlan for Small Business
In CrashPlan for Small Business, one user (and only one user) in your organization is designated as a subscription administrator. The subscription administrator is the only user able to manage your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription, including:
This article shows how to change your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription administrator so that a new person in your organization can manage your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription.
Change your subscription administrator
Only a CrashPlan for Small Business administrator account can change the subscription administrator.
Changing subscription administrator removes billing information and disables automatic renewals
If you change the user who is designated as your subscription administrator, your billing information is removed and auto-renewals are disabled for your subscription. You must re-add your billing information and re-enable automatic renewal to be billed automatically.
To change your subscription administrator:
- Sign in to the CrashPlan console.
- Go to Account.
- Under Subscription Administrator, click Change.
- Select a new administrative user to be your organization's subscription administrator.
- Click Change to confirm the new subscription administrator.
- Click View Current Billing Information.
- Follow the prompts to re-add your billing information.
To re-enable automatic renewal:
- Sign in to your CrashPlan console.
- Go to Account.
- Click Manage My Subscription.
The My Subscriptions page opens.
- Click the Manage Subscription link.
- On the Manage Subscription page, select On for Automatic Renewals.
- Click Yes to confirm the change.
Only the subscription administrator receives invoices
Invoices are sent to the subscription administrator automatically via email. Only one user can be subscription administrator at a time, so it is not possible to add additional recipients for these emails.