This page lists new features and bug fixes for CrashPlan app version 11.0.0
For the CrashPlan cloud, see CrashPlan cloud release notes.
CrashPlan app version 11.0.1
User devices begin automatically upgrading March 15, 2023, unless your administrator configured an update delay.
- Fixed an issue where CrashPlan could fail to connect after upgrading when connected via a proxy.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading to CrashPlan app 11.0.0 could cause both the old and new versions of the app to remain on a device.
- Fixed an issue where the CrashPlan menu bar would not relaunch after upgrading.
CrashPlan app version 11.0.0
User devices begin automatically upgrading March 9, 2023, unless your administrator configured an update delay.
Enhancements and updates
The 11.0 agent includes updates to unify “CrashPlan” branding across all platforms (Mac, Windows, and Linux). Items updated include:
- Application and service process names
- Menu shortcuts and names
- Code signing certificates
- Icons and logos
- Updated MDM configuration file
Application support directories, which include logs and cache directories, are NOT changing as they had already been labeled with CrashPlan branding. For a complete list of details, see CrashPlan app version 11.0 changes to application and service names.
- The CrashPlan app installer now contains an uninstaller (this functionality was temporarily removed in a previous version).
- The CrashPlan app installer now no longer contains a “long” epoch name.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to logging.
- Security updates.
Uninstall and upgrade issues
- Fixed a rare issue where interrupting an agent install or upgrade could result in the client device failing to authorize and reconnect.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling CrashPlan would not remove the CrashPlan app from the Applications folder on MacOS.
- Fixed an issue where an agent could receive an upgrade command, and successfully download the upgrade, but fail to install.
- Fixed an issue where the Linux upgrade log was incorrectly named.
- Fixed an issue where the CrashPlan agent service would fail to start on MacOS Ventura.
- Resolved an issue where certain Linux installations were missing service restart scripts.
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking on the CrashPlan logo failed to open the CrashPlan CLI.
- Fixed an issue where executing the CLI command migration.backup.run would result in failure.