- CrashPlan for Home
This article describes the solution for a known issue in which the CrashPlan app does not apply the TCP packet QoS priority settings.
Devices that both:
- Use IPv4 (or a mix of IPv4 and IPv6)
- Use CrashPlan app version 4.7.0 or later
You must repeat these steps each time you upgrade the CrashPlan app. These changes are reverted during the upgrade process.
To enforce the TCP Packet QoS setting:
- On the device where the CrashPlan app is installed, navigate to the CrashPlan app configuration file:
- Installed for everyone: C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\CrashPlanService.ini
- Installed per user: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\<Local|Roaming>\Programs\CrashPlan\CrashPlanService.ini
- OS X
- Installed for everyone: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.crashplan.engine.plist
- Installed per user: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.crashplan.engine.plist
- Linux: /usr/local/crashplan/bin/run.conf
- Open the file in a text editor.
- Add this line to the configuration file: Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
- Save your changes.
- Restart the device.