- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
This tutorial explains how to report issues with CrashPlan mobile app on your iOS device.
Before you begin
Reinstalling the CrashPlan mobile app can resolve a number of issues.
Step 1: Take a screenshot of the issue
Screenshots may help us diagnose your issue. If the app displays something in an unexpected way, take a screenshot to send to our Customer Champions. To take a screenshot:
- Press and hold the home button
This is the physical button located below your device's screen
- While the home button is held down, press the sleep/wake button
This is the switch on the top of your device
- Attach your screenshot to your ticket for the issue
Step 2: Send your CrashPlan mobile app logs to support
- Open the CrashPlan mobile app
- Click the gear icon in the upper right
- Tap About this app
- Triple-tap Codefortytwo in the upper right
A form opens
- Enter the ticket number for your issue
- Tap Send
What information should I include in my ticket?
Provide as much of the following information as possible in your ticket:
- Description of the issue
- Device Type
- iOS Version
- Network connection type (e.g. edge, 3G, wifi)
- Mobile carrier, if applicable (e.g. Verizon, AT&T)
- App version (e.g. CrashPlan 1.0.0)
- Security type
Note: Only include security type if you have upgraded your security (i.e. archive password or custom 448-bit key). We don't need the password/key itself!