- CrashPlan for Home
Although it was once possible to purchase CrashPlan for Home with PayPal, we removed this payment option from our store for the reasons described below. If you need to cancel a subscription previously purchased with PayPal, follow the steps in this tutorial.
PayPal payment option suspended
Unfortunately, we no longer offer PayPal as a payment option for CrashPlan subscriptions. The way PayPal manages recurring subscriptions was disadvantageous to our users, and prevented our Customer Champion team from being able to offer goodwill interventions like subscription extensions! As a result, we have removed this payment option from our store. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Canceling a subscription purchased with PayPal
To cancel a CrashPlan for Home subscription purchased through PayPal, you must first cancel the subscription on our website, and then cancel the payment through PayPal.
Step 1: Cancel through the CrashPlan web app
- Sign in to the CrashPlan web app.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- From the Actions column, click Cancel for the subscription you no longer want.
- Review the information presented.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
You can continue to back up and restore files for the length of your subscription.
Step 2: Cancel payment from PayPal website
Once you have canceled your CrashPlan subscription, you must stop the recurring payment from the PayPal website.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click the setting icon (shaped like a gear) in the top right
- From the menu on the left, select Payment preferences
- From My preapproved payments, click Update
- Select Code42 Software, Inc. to open your CrashPlan billing details
- From the Status area, click Cancel
- Confirm your cancelation
To learn more about what happens to your data after a subscription ends, see our Backup Retention Policy.