- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
Your mobile devices goes with you to places you may not bring a computer. With the CrashPlan mobile app, you don't have to sacrifice access to your files for the convenience of mobility. This article describes how you can use the CrashPlan mobile app to download files backed up to CrashPlan Central.
Before you begin
- Your files must be backed up to a cloud destination, like CrashPlan Central, to download them to your mobile device
- You must have the CrashPlan mobile app installed on your device
- Open the CrashPlan mobile app and sign in to your CrashPlan account
- Tap to select the computer that has the file you want to access
If you have enhanced security enabled, you will be prompted to enter your archive key password or custom key
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file you want to access
It may take a moment for the list of files to load
- Tap any file to download it
A small green checkmark appears to the right of the file when it has downloaded
- Tap the file again to open it
- You can share or open the file in a different app by tapping the share icon for your device
You can download files as large as 500 MB to your mobile device. To check a file's size, you can view file details before downloading.
View file details
You can download files that are as large as 500 MB. To check the size of a file before you download it:
- Locate the file.
- View the file's details:
- Android: Long press the file name and select File Details to see the file size.
- iOS: Touch and hold the file name to open file details, including file size.