- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan for Small Business documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
This tutorial explains how to install and uninstall the CrashPlan mobile app for Android and iOS.
The CrashPlan mobile app is no longer available for download. However, you can install the desktop CrashPlan app on your computer.
For existing CrashPlan mobile apps, sign in with your CrashPlan username and password.
Once you uninstall the CrashPlan mobile app, you cannot re-install it. The CrashPlan mobile app is no longer available for download.
- If you uninstall the CrashPlan mobile app from an iOS device, any files downloaded with the CrashPlan mobile app will be deleted from your device. If you opened a file in another app, that copy is not removed. Additionally, nothing is removed from your backup file selection; only the downloaded copies on this device are removed.
- If you uninstall the CrashPlan mobile app from an Android device, any downloaded files remain on your device.
- Go to your device Settings.
- Tap Apps or Application Manager.
- Tap CrashPlan.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK to confirm the uninstall.
- Tap and hold the CrashPlan mobile app until it starts to shake.
- Tap the small "x" in the corner of the CrashPlan mobile app.
- Tap Delete to confirm the uninstall.