- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
The first time you open the CrashPlan app, you're prompted to create your account. The email and password you enter here will be used for all of the computers you back up with CrashPlan. Your email is also tied to your CrashPlan for Home subscription (if you decide to purchase one).
Creating your account
Creating an account is as easy as entering your name and email, and choosing a password. Once you click Create Account, you're automatically signed in.
Your email & CrashPlan
Be sure to use an email address that you want linked to your CrashPlan account going forward.
- Link your account to your CrashPlan for Home subscription (if applicable)
- Send you backup reports and warnings to help you keep track of the health of your backup
- Keep track of all the computers you add to your account
- Add additional computers to this account
- Link your account to your CrashPlan for Home subscription (if you have one now, or decide to purchase one later)
- Sign in to the CrashPlan web app (more on the CrashPlan web app in a bit)
- Sign in to the CrashPlan mobile app (we'll cover that in this guide too!)
If you plan on backing up your spouse, children, or other family members' computers under this account, please note that all of the computers included on an account use the same email and password. You can change the email or password at any time.
All signed in? Great! Click Next below to learn about what to back up.