- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
This tutorial describes how to change your password from the CrashPlan app, as well as how to request a password reset in the event that you lose or forget your password.
Change password from the CrashPlan app
If you know your current password, you can change it directly from the CrashPlan app.
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Settings > Security
- Enter your Current Password
- Enter your New Password, then re-enter it below
- Click Save
Request password reset
If you lose or forget your account password, you can request that it be reset.
- Open a web browser and go to the CrashPlan for Home password reset page.
- Enter the email address associated with your CrashPlan account.
Note: You can view the email address associated with your account in the CrashPlan app from Settings > Account
- Click Submit.
- Follow the password reset instructions sent to your email.
The password reset link is time sensitive and will expire. If you do not see the password reset instructions in your email inbox, check your spam folders.
Your password must include:
- At least eight characters total
- At least one number (0-9)
- At least one lowercase letter (a-z)
- At least one uppercase letter (A-Z)
Your password must not:
- Be only a standard dictionary word
- Be an email address
- Include the same character three or more times in a row