- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan for Small Business documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
When you enable 448-encryption + password archive encryption, you must select an archive key password. The archive key password is required to restore your files. This tutorial describes how to change your archive key password from the CrashPlan app.
- You must know your existing archive key password in order to change it. The archive key password cannot be reset if you lose or forget it unless you have set an archive question.
- If you set an archive question, you can reset your password by answering your archive question.
- Code42 Customer Champions cannot reset or recover an archive key password for you.
Change archive key password from the CrashPlan app
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Settings > Security
- Click Change Archive Password
- Enter your current archive password
- Enter a new archive password
Repeat the new archive password in the field below
- Click Ok
The archive key password has been changed.