- CrashPlan for Home
CrashPlan Central is CrashPlan for Home's secure, online backup destination. It offers great data protection and provides easy access to your files wherever and whenever you need them. Once you've installed CrashPlan, you can start backing up to CrashPlan Central right away.
CrashPlan Central is free for 30 days. Use this time to test it out and to learn more about how CrashPlan works and about other options for backup destinations available in CrashPlan.
- Accessibility: You can restore files backed up to CrashPlan Central from the CrashPlan app, the CrashPlan web app, or the CrashPlan mobile app. This gives you more options for restoring files and also helps ensure that even if something happens to one of your other onsite or offsite backups destinations, your files are still safe.
- Reliability: Because problems like theft, fire, power outages, or even Internet connection issues typically affect all the computers in a single location, backing up to offsite destinations reduces your risk of data loss and ensures you'll always be able to access your files when you need them.
- If you haven't done so already, download and install CrashPlan on your computer.
The set-up assistant will guide you through the rest of the installation.
- Launch the CrashPlan app by clicking the CrashPlan icon on your desktop (Windows) or in the task bar (Mac).
The Backup tab opens.
- (Optional) If you want to change the files to include in the backup, in the Files section, click Change....
- Click Start Backup next to the CrashPlan Central destination.
After starting a backup, use the Backup tab to check on the status of your backup, stop a backup in progress, or resume a paused backup.