- CrashPlan for Home
This article is intended for CrashPlan for Home users. For Code42 CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO documentation, read this page on our enterprise support site.
CrashPlan can back up your Dropbox folder just like any other folder containing personal files. Backing up your Dropbox folder is a great way to protect yourself against accidentally deleted files. This tutorial explains how to update your file selection to include Dropbox folders and files.
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of Code42 products. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
Files and folders placed in your Dropbox folder are stored directly on your computer's hard drive. CrashPlan can back up these files as long as they are included in your backup file selection.
To back up files and folders from your Dropbox folder, simply add them to your backup file selection:
- Go to Backup and click Change
- Navigate to the folder and files that you want to include or exclude (you can also choose external drives that are displayed in this list), then:
- Clear the marked box next to the folders you want to exclude from back up
- Select an empty box to include it
- A solid square (Windows), or a minus sign (OS X), indicates that a subfolder within this folder is selected for backup and is being monitored for changes
- A check mark indicates that this folder is selected for backup
- Click Save
After changing the file selection, CrashPlan synchronizes the files selected for backup with the files already backed up to that destination