What a great way to show your friends that you are looking out for them!
- Family Plan customers only - If you have a family plan, use an email address that is different from the one that is associated with your account.
- If you don't want the recipient to see payment details, use an alternate email address on the Payment page.
- You cannot to extend a subscription for someone else. See Buying a Gift Subscription for an Existing Customer.
- Select a plan from the store.
- Complete the payment form.
- Enter your email address so that we can send you a receipt and the license key. If you have a family plan, enter an email address that is not associated with your account to which we can send receipt information and the license information.
- Clear the Auto-Renew check box if you do not want this subscription to renew automatically when it expires (recommended for gift subscriptions).
- Click Continue and complete the rest of the order process.
- Tell your recipient to:
- Download CrashPlan.
- Create an account using his or her email address.
- Enter the license you supplied to the recipient on the Settings > Account page under License.
- Click Save and start using CrashPlan.
When an existing customer enters a new license key on the Settings > Account page, that new subscription will replace the old one. If the recipient still has time remaining on an existing subscription, the recipient might want to choose to let the current subscription end before entering the gift subscription license key.
Or depending on how much time remains and the length of the new subscription, the recipient has the option to cancel the existing subscription (for a refund, of course) before entering the new license key.