When you first start backing up, CrashPlan backs up everything in your home directory or user folder in a single, default backup set. With backup sets enabled, you can create additional backups sets so that different groups of files can back up to different locations and with different settings.
You can also copy, rename and remove backup sets.
- Choose Settings > Backup Sets.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name for this backup set.
- (Optional) Change the priority for this backup set.
New backup sets are assigned incrementally lower priority in the backup queue as you add them. You can adjust the priority for a selected backup set with the Priority control.
- In the Files to Backup section, click Change.
- In the File Selection window select / de-select the files that you want included / excluded from this backup set. Learn More
- You can specify an attached external hard drive to include it in the file backup selection.
- Click Ok.
- Select the destinations for this backup set.
- Click Ok.
- (Optional) Change the backup settings for this backup set. Specify settings for:
- Backup will run... to specify when you want CrashPlan to run.
- Verify file selection... to specify when you want your file selection to be verified.
- Frequency and Versions to change backup frequency and version retention settings.
- Filename exclusions to specify the types of files to be excluded from this backup set.
- Advanced Settings to specify bandwidth and throttling settings for this backup set.
- On the Settings > Backup tab, click Save to save this backup set.