Follow these steps when you want to backup to another computer that you own. For example, you want to backup a laptop (the source computer) to your other computer called “Desktop.”
The process involves:
- Installing CrashPlan on a source computer and creating an account (if you haven't done so already)
- Installing CrashPlan on a destination computer
- Start backing up
- Download and install CrashPlan on your computer.
The set-up assistant will guide you through the rest of the installation. See Installing CrashPlan.
- Create an account if you haven't already done so.
- (Optional) By default, CrashPlan backs up your entire home directory. If you'd like to change this, go to the Backup tab on Laptop and click Change File Selection, under Files to Back Up.
- Download and install CrashPlan on Desktop.
The set-up assistant will guide you through the rest of the installation.
- Enter the email address you used when you created your CrashPlan account on Laptop.
- Enter the password that you used when you created your CrashPlan account.
- Click Sign In.
Now Desktop is available as a backup destination for Laptop (and any other computers in your account) under Destinations > Computers.
- Open CrashPlan on Laptop and click the Destinations tab. Screen Details
- Click Desktop in the list of computers.
- Click Start Backup.
Done! Laptop is now backing up to Desktop.