To uninstall CrashPlan:
- Mac OSX: Open the installer.dmg file and run the uninstaller.
- Windows: Use Add/remove programs.
- Linux: Run the uninstaller shell script that comes in the installer package.
In a normal uninstall, CrashPlan retains a small amount of information so CrashPlan can “remember” that computer when you reinstall. This is called the CrashPlan identity.
Generally, you only want to remove the identity if CrashPlan Support instructs you to do so. Some users may want to completely remove CrashPlan if they will no longer be using CrashPlan on that computer.
- Follow the Standard Uninstall process
- Remove the following directory from your system:
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrashPlan
- Windows Vista/2008/7/8/2012: C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan
- Linux: /var/lib/crashplan