Use the Guest Restore feature (on the Friend's page) when you need to restore a file that has been backed up on a friend's computer. In other words, a presentation you have been working on appears to be corrupted on your laptop. Because you have been backing up to a friend, you can go to your friend's computer, open the CrashPlan desktop and restore it. Copy the restored file to a portable hard drive, for example and then transport it back to your laptop.
- On your friend's computer, click the Friends tab.
- From the Friends Computers list, select the destination computer (in this case, that would be you).
- Click Guest Restore.
- Enter your account password (or private data password, if enabled).
- Choose the file(s) you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Copy the restored file(s) to the portable drive and take the file back your laptop.