Now that you have installed CrashPlan on your computer, you're ready to create an account. You'll need to create an account before you can start backing up or inviting others to back up to you. Just start up CrashPlan and enter basic login information in the Create Your Account window. Here's how:
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your last name.
- Enter the email address to which you want CrashPlan to send notifications.
When you set up a CrashPlan account on a destination computer, you will supply this email address to identify that computer with your CrashPlan account. You will also use this email address as your login ID when you need to log in to your CrashPlan account online.
- Enter a password to secure your CrashPlan data.
You can configure your CrashPlan desktop to require a password. Passwords are case sensitive, so be sure to use the same capital letters the next time you log in. See Considerations below.
- Retype the password.
- Click Create Account.
After a few moments you’ll see a message indicating that you have successfully created your CrashPlan account. Now you're ready to start backing up or inviting others to back up to you. You will also receive an email message with your account info and additional information about using CrashPlan.
Tips for Creating a Secure Password
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Your password should be at least six characters long and contain at least two numbers or symbols.
- Don’t use names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
Less secure passwords:
More secure passwords: