CrashPlan supports metadata on all platforms.
- Data fork
- Resource fork
- Owner information for regular files and directories
- Symlink owner information
- POSIX permissions
- Finder Flags/Info (including type/creator)
- Locked flag (this is part of Finder Flags)
- Modification date
- Creation date
- Finder comments (.DS_Store file)
- Other named forks
- BSD Flags, which can be set via chflags
- HFS+ extended attributes (i.e. xattr)
When copying a file (and therefore restoring) to a non-HFS+ file system, any info not in the data file is stored in a “dot-underscore” file.
For example, if you copy an HFS+ file named MyMug.jpg to a FAT 32 volume, there will be a file named ._MyMug.jpg in addition to the MyMug.jpg file in the same location.
- Permissions: UGO, RWX